The BA Rooms are situated on the first floor of I Staircase, Great Court. The Junior Common Room, which graduates are also entitled to use, is just next door. You will need your University card to access both rooms.
The BA Rooms are split over two levels. On the lower level is a common room and a recently refurbished kitchen. The kitchen contains a conventional oven, microwave, kettle, and coffee machine. Tea and coffee are available in the cupboard above the stove. Please do not remove anything from the kitchen, and do wash up, wipe down tables and surfaces, and generally clean up after use. Make sure the kitchen is left in a better state than you found it. Upstairs from the common room is a television room.
BA Rooms Usage Policy
Usage of the BA rooms must be in accordance with rules laid out in the White Book.
- Access to the BA Rooms
- The BA Rooms may be accessed by all Ordinary and Associate Members of the Society as per section 3.3.1 of the BA Society constitution.
- Access to the BA Rooms is granted by university card only. The door to the rooms is not to be propped open at any time.
- Booking the BA rooms
- The BA Kitchen and the BA Television Room may be booked by Ordinary and Associate members of the society using the online booking system accessible via the Society website.
- The BA Common room area may not be booked and shall be available for use by Ordinary and Associate members at all times.
- Bookings are only to be made for private social functions held by Ordinary and Associate Members and for official BA Society events.
- Societies are not permitted to book or use the rooms for meetings or functions without explicit permission from the Committee where it is felt that such meetings would be relevant and beneficial to Members of the BA Society.
- All bookings must be made by an individual member and must contain the following information:
- Name of the member making the booking
- Brief description of the event
- Email address of the member making the booking
- Any booking not containing all of the above information will be considered invalid and will be removed by the Committee.
- The following rules apply to all bookings made:
- All rooms:
- Dispose of rubbish in bins
- Wipe surfaces
- Clean up any mess
- BA kitchen:
- May be booked for a maximum of 4h
- You can borrow a key to the cupboards in the BA Kitchen (for plates, cutlery, etc.) from the Porter’s Lodge
- Nothing may be removed from the kitchen
- All dishes must be washed before leaving
- Official BA Society events shall take priority over other bookings. Where there is a clash, the Member responsible for the conflicting booking shall be notified as early as possible to allow adequate time for rescheduling.
- All rooms:
- Responsibility and disciplinary action
- The Member who made the booking will be held responsible for ensuring the rooms are tidy and that the rules set out here are observed. Any damage should be reported to the BA Committee as soon as possible.
- The BA Committee reserves the right to disable Members’ access to the rooms should they fail to observe the above rules. Members shall receive one official warning before such action is taken unless it is decided by the Committee that immediate action is required to prevent further misuse of the rooms.
- If any serious damage, vandalism or theft is observed the Committee will report this to the college authorities who may then take further action.